background

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Birthday Bowling

Sunday was a busy day as well.  At church we had the kick-off of the new Sunday School year and the children went to their new classrooms.  After lunch at Char-Grill, a quick rest and a visit from PawPaw and Lesley, we loaded up the van with the neighborhood boys and away we went to the bowling alley.

The kids had a lot of fun and other than me constantly worrying about someone breaking a foot, or worse, with an awry bowling ball, it was a pretty stress free party for me. I mean, I packed and planned way more for the football game the night before than I did for the birthday party. All I brought to the party was 10 simple goody bags, 7 candles and 1 lighter! And 1 credit card! Ha!

We had 3 lanes beside each other, which worked out well because no one had to wait long for their turn yet everyone was close enough to still talk and play around.

IMG_1808

Will’s picture kept scrolling through the scoreboard!

IMG_1811

Some pics of the kids bowling…..

IMG_1816IMG_1819IMG_1827IMG_1834

IMG_1818IMG_1823

One of Will’s friends has a sister that is good friends with Avery so it was nice that Samantha could come and Avery had a friend to play with.

IMG_1820

I thought it was pretty cool that Will scored a 77 on his 7th birthday, which was also the 7th of the month. If only the party could have been on the 7th……

IMG_1831

Sissy had had enough of bowling at this point.

IMG_1835

Moving on to the party room, where pizza and cake were served.

IMG_1836IMG_1838IMG_1842

He even got to take home the real bowling pin centerpiece, which everyone signed. 

A little arcade time before we had to leave.

IMG_1844IMG_1847IMG_1848

Sunday was also our wedding anniversary. Matt and I like to joke about how romantic the bowling alley was! No worries, with such a busy weekend and crazy week at our house, we decided we weren’t going to short change ourselves and try and squeeze an anniversary celebration into the weekend as well. So we are celebrating in a few weeks. After the last 18 months, we deserve to treat such a special occasion the right way!

IMG_1800

Everyone, including me, ESPECIALLY ME, was pretty pooped after the busy weekend. Getting out of bed was hard for all of us come Monday morning.  I asked Will on Monday afternoon if he saw any of his friends from the party. He said he did and that they all said they had a fun time bowling and thought the cake and goody bags were really good.  That was all the validation I needed!!! 

IMG_1864

Happy Birthday, Will!!

IMG_1793

1 comment:

  1. Will...may I pretty please...have an invite to your next party? Oh my word you know how to throw a part-ee. And you picture all on the big screen!!

    77 points on your 7Th. 7 is my favorite number and my b-day is on the 7th day of the month!

    Great fun and wonderful pictures...
    Lots of Love
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete