background

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You can always go downtown.....

One Saturday recently we had a family fun day. With Will taking a break from soccer for a few weeks, it is nice to have Saturday mornings to do fun stuff as a family. We are trying to take advantage of these last few “soccer free” weekends.  We started out the morning by sleeping in. We NEVER sleep in. I eventually woke Avery up at 7:40.  Of course while sleeping in was nice, it ruined the day for me b/c I had less hours to accomplish things. I don’t have enough hours on a normal day!

We hopped in the car and headed downtown to have a big country breakfast at Big Ed’s.  After my big omelet and a homemade biscuit, I didn’t need to eat the rest of the day. The kids ate a big pancake and plenty of biscuits and jelly. In fact, before we left Avery had downed 4 packages of jelly. With her spoon; no bread involved.  Later that weekend she got hold of a stick of butter on the dinner table and went to town on it. She has a thing for accouterments evidently.

After naps, we went back downtown (inefficient, I know) and went to Marbles Museum.

We haven’t been in a while and if Avery has ever been, she was tiny and in a stroller. She was a little overwhelmed at first because it is crazy on a Saturday, but quickly found her groove.
Not sure if she likes all the hub-bub





Still hasn't found her groove


The children had a blast. Will loved the hockey rink and dumping balls down the slide in the money exhibit.  Avery sat for a good 30 mins coloring with dried out markers (bless her heart) while Will explored more play areas.

Future NHL player?

I wanted to get out there too!

Dried out markers
 It was really crowded when we got there but we stayed until closing and pretty much had the place to ourselves the last 20 minutes or so.  The kids had so much fun and we will definitely visit again soon.
I think she found her groove
Some little girl was hogging the Wolfpack red ones so we had to settle on Duke Blue
Hang Ten!
Jump, Jump

Ready for Shack!

Avery driving the "bus" (or mail truck)

What a fun day!!

2 comments:

  1. Boy I had fun too and I wasn't even there...you had me from Big Ed. LOL Any time we eat at Big Ed's I don't eat for the remainder of the day.
    Thank you for these beautiful fun filled pictures,
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should meet at Marbles sometime soon! Clai and Aaron have been, but I haven't had the chance to go. Big Ed's sounds great, too:)

    ReplyDelete