background

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kids say the darndest things

One thing I have always wanted to do was capture the funny things Will says on paper. Ironically, I think since I started this blog to do just that, he has become less funny. But here are few things out of the mouth of my babe in the last month.......

-Upon overhearing me complain about my weight: "I like you squishy."

-His new found food love: "I love roasted carrots. Can we have roasted carrots for dessert?"

-Out of the blue one morning recently: "Why is it so hard to quit smoking?"

-After admiring my sparkly new jewelry I received for Christmas: "Mommy, you should marry Daddy since he gave you that ring."

-During a conversation about who had one more basketball games, the Boo Tarheels or the Wolfpack: "Daddy, you remember things from 9 months ago, why can't you remember this?"

-When trying to avoid telling me why he got in trouble at school: "It will creep you out."

-Random comment: "Why don't you ever call me Buttercup?"

-When I couldn't find a particular item in a hidden picture puzzle: "I'll just ask Daddy. He's smarter anyway."

-When he couldn't play with the toys he wanted to play with in the tub: "This is not how I planned on spending my evening."

-At dinner one night: "What if enough people accidentally voted for me for President?"


And not to leave Avery out....she actually does say a lot of funny stuff too.

A: "I need a tissue" - I hear this 100 times a day and she uses 100 of them a day. She's a single use girl when it comes to tissues, napkins, etc.... I guess this isn't really funny, but she says it A LOT.
A: "Wash my pillow." - This was at 2AM one night when she had RSV. She had drooled/snotted (you know what I mean) all over her pillow and it was soaking wet. She screamed this over and over into the monitor until I went in and got her a new pillow.
A: In response to me telling her it was time to change her stinky diaper: "BaBa's turn" (the back story is that we are always teasing Will that it is his turn to change her diapers and his response: not until he is 16).
A: "Kiss AB!!!!" (AB being what she calls herself.) This was her demand in response to Will just trying to blow her a kiss goodnight from across the room and then walking out.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Will...you should marry Daddy because he is smart enough to give
    you pretty blings!!! Avery is 200% girly girl!!

    Give Buttercup and AB a great big hug from me.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete