background

Saturday, March 26, 2011

SCORE!!!

I am a proud mommy today!!!  Today was Will's first "real" soccer game.  The Lions were out roaring in full force today! My little blonde haired, blue eyed boy scored his team's VERY FIRST GOAL of the season.  Oh me, oh my. I cried. I really did. I called my mom immediately and I was all choked up.  He actually almost scored the first goal of the game but got tripped up just a few feet shy of the goal and the ball managed to roll out of bounds right beside the goal.
Taking the field for the first time





I was so proud of Will and ALL of his teammates. They all played so hard and even though they lost 3-2, everyone was happy and excited for after game snacks! Ha!

Look at that footwork!






At first Will did very well with the fact they lost. But as the day has passed, he has gotten increasingly upset about it. Now I'm worried how he will handle the first game where he doesn't score a goal, so now I am trying to down play the whole event. Of course Avery isn't helping matters......the first thing she says to everyone is "Bubba scored a goal".

And he's off....


Getting knocked down right before he had the chance to score :-(


But I can already see the competitiveness in me coming out.....I was already moaning and groaning about this and that and yelling a lot. I've got to reel myself back in.....we've got a lot of years ahead of us!!
Will getting ready to score!!

I hate you can't actually see him, but this is him scoring

Will's friend Annie, on the offense!
Throwing the ball inbounds

No comments:

Post a Comment