background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Whole Lot of Nothing

Barely 2 months in and I have already hit a blogging slump.  Flip the coin and perhaps that translates into not a lot going on, which for a busy, working mom of two....maybe not a bad thing!!  We've stayed in town the past few weekends, which has been a nice change of pace. No birthday parties or anything like that to rush to. Just enjoying time as a family. 

Matthew volunteered at the Dixie Deer Classic this past weekend so I had the children by myself for most of the weekend. A grand time was had by all.  The children and I dined out, ran errands, and spent plenty of time outside. We did art projects while listening to the Avett Brothers and had big bath time fun in Mommy's big tub.

Unfortunately Avery has been a little under the weather since Saturday. I saved myself $85 and went ahead and self diagnosed her with a virus. The good news is other than a high fever in the late afternoon/early evenings, she has been absolutely normal. She is showing no outward effects of being sick. In fact, if anything she has been a little sillier and crazier than usual. Her personality is really blooming. I'll have to do a post on her fashion opinions soon. So she's missed school this week but fingers crossed is going back tomorrow. She has cried to go every day and is very sad after we drop her Bubba off. Evidently Mommy isn't quite as good of a play mate.

I'll leave you with a random potpourri of pics from the last week or so....
She picked out her hair accessories...told ya I need to do a post on her fashion sense.
Grave Digger paying a visit. Notice how the Mom is at the kitchen sink.
I ordered a bunch of stuff from a website that is shipping in multiple packages. This is the box that was used to ship one spool of thread. 
Will LOVES playing basketball. More than playing monster trucks.

Arts and crafts over the weekend
Went a little wild and crazy with the foam letters
So the odd thing I just noticed about these pictures.....the dogs are only in one of them. Very rare for them to not be in the background!

1 comment:

  1. Now those were some fun times...do you want another older child? If so I'd like to apply for the slot....I'm potty trained, can feed myself,
    I'm easy to get to bed and I don't require any stories, and I'll eat anything anyone cooks for me.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete