background

Friday, June 24, 2011

Good Times

We've had a busy month or so traveling and then all of Jessica's wedding festivities (future post) but even though we've been busy, we've managed to have a little fun!! 

A few weeks ago we celebrated Matthew's mom's (aka Mimi) birthday. Uncle Gray was quit entertaining with not only his hair styles, but he was also the whipped cream monster, chasing my kids all around the house with the can of whipped cream.
Uncle Gray gives the bow a spin
Uncle Gray showing off his handiwork with hair bows!
Will was attacked by the whipped cream monster
Happy Birthday, Mimi!
Avery admiring her gift to Mimi
Will and Mimi
We also took a trip to the coast. My parents surprised the children with a Barbie Jeep that Mom found at a yard sale. It was a lot of fun and I'm just thankful everyone survived!!!  Will liked to drive fast and Avery, well Avery liked to play with the radio while she was driving (keep all your woman driver stereotype comments to yourself!!!) which meant Will drove from the passenger seat. Oh me oh my.
Checking out their new ride

I wish I had gotten a pic of them driving over all of my Mom's bushes

Doesn't she just look like a Jeep girl??

Will was not phased at all by the girlie colors and theme. In fact, his first reaction was "Cool, a Barbie Monster Truck!!"
Driving Miss Daisy in the Barbie Monster Truck

And of course we got a nice trip to Shack in and Matt and I even got a date night at Amos Mosquito's. LOVE that place!
Everyone loves the water's edge at Shack

Looking at the minnows that Pops caught

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love the Barbie Jeep and what a gentleman Will is to let Avery do all the driving. He is learning early to just say yes dear. Driving with th radio on high is ok it is the cell phone and texting that Avery may not DO!!
    Just think in 11 years Will can drive and Avery in 14 years. Aren't you glad you have friends like me to remind you?
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete