background

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wedding Bells

A few weeks ago my best friend, Jessica, got married.  It has been such a fun spring with showers and bachelorette parties and dress shopping; the wedding and all the festivities that weekend were the perfect ending to her fairy tail.

We started the fun off with a bridesmaids luncheon on Thursday morning.  The gals in the wedding party, moms, aunts, cousins, grandma and other close family and friends joined us. Jessica even had some relatives from Sweden fly over for the wedding.

After a fun morning, we all reconvened out at Shady Wagon Farms on Thursday evening for the rehearsal. Everything was so pretty and you could really tell it was coming together for the big event the next day.



It was a fairly quick and uneventful rehearsal (my favorite kind) and off to dinner we went. The rehearsal dinner was at the Peak City Grill in Apex (aka the peak of fine living). The food and fellowship was great!



Before I knew it was the morning of the big day! I dropped the kids off at school and then made my way over to Jessica's mom's house to get my hair done and get ready and most of all, enjoy a relaxing morning with Jessica and her fellow bridesmaids. We had a lot of fun hanging out that morning.




Mid-afternoon we were whisked away (via a 15 passenger van) to Shady Wagon Farm. We got ready in the little carriage house and just had so much fun laughing and getting all prettied up. Jessica was truly one of the prettiest brides I have ever, ever seen.









The wedding ceremony itself was pretty quick. But long enough for Will to walk around with his tux shirt untucked (I swear I tucked it in right before I walked down the aisle!) and wander off almost into the pond.  As suspected, when Avery saw me she started screaming and crying for me. Will, 50 yards away and waiting patiently to walk down the aisle, starts yelling at her at the top of his lungs, "Avery, shhhhh!" Oh, the irony.

The reception was so much fun with great food and fun music. It was over way too soon though and soon we were bidding farewell to the bride and groom. I wish I could have escaped away on a tropical vacation too!






1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post for a beautiful bride.
    My very best wishes to happy couple.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete