background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mind Games


I've been hustled. By a 4 year old. At the game of Memory. Tail whippin' is what I got. Oh, and don't forget the getting hustled part.

Will has recently started playing a lot of Memory at school so of course we've been playing it at home too. It is a hard game to play with a 2 year old little sister hanging around because she likes to move the pieces, take the pieces, destroy the game, etc....So while she was napping on Sunday afternoon, Will and I sat down to a riveting game of Memory.

First mistake I made....don't let a 4 year old spread the pieces out. Come to find out, he cheats.Okay, that is harsh. He gives himself a competitive advantage right out the gate.

So we start playing. Right off the bat he gets several matches. Hummmm....but I really don't think anything of it. Pretty soon he is really beating me. At one point he gives me a hint, albeit an INCORRECT one, and then just starts laughing and says he likes to trick people while playing this game. So the next few times I am hesitating and he gives me hints, of course I don't take them. Yeah, I don't get the matches either. Guess who does. Hustled; that is what I was.....

Now I'd like to say that it was me not giving the game my undivided attention (which I wasn't) but man, I was getting mad. My competitive streak was getting the best of me (against a 4 year old). At one point I called Pluto that "dumb dog".  Ha!! Not my finest parenting moment!!

But I have to give it to Will....he is actually really good at this game. And hustling.

1 comment:

  1. First of all I love your new look!!
    Will must have just a tad of your competitive DNA HA!! That was so funny.

    I heard all about the big rain on Saturday now I see what it was all about. It looks like your 3,2 legged children had a good time, seems the 2, 4 legged children were not about to get wet.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete