background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Irene

This past weekend, the coast of NC took a pounding.  My family took almost a direct hit from the Hurricane Irene but thankfully the storm weakened considerably before landfall and everyone made out okay. It was still a very serious situation and in the end, I am so thankful my family only has a few missing shutters and shingles to deal with because not everyone was so fortunate.

Because we were peeled to the news and it was a constant topic around the house for the week leading up to the storm, obviously the kids had picked up on the event.

And obviously I buy Avery too many special outfits because as we were on our way to dinner on Friday night, she pipes up from the back seat that needs a "hurricane outfit". HAHA! I was so proud of her and then thinking I have totally created a monster, all at the same time!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about your sweet family last weekend! I'm glad to hear they are okay:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Avery a girl needs at least 2 outfits for EVERY ocassion especially storms since you might get wet
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete