background

Monday, October 31, 2011

Farm Trip

Last Friday, Matt, Avery and I accompanied Will and his classmates on a field trip to Vollmer Farms.  It was a cold, “raw” day to quote the local weather guy and poor me, I left my gloves home.



The kids had a lot of fun though. The playground was a big hit. It always kills me when the children want to play on a playground when there is other FUN stuff to do. We have a playground at home!!!!

In addition to the playground, we went on a tractor ride around the farm, played on the big slide, learned how to make butter and had a “classroom” lesson on cows. Guess who got to dress up like the cow!?!?!
Shaking his tail feathers


Demonstrating how a cow runs. Pretty sure this is the first time a demonstration included this.


Two of Will's classmates have little sisters in Avery's class so she was beyond thrilled to have them with her. I only snapped a pic of one of them, but they were all very excited to see each other!


My poor toes were numb by the time we left. Avery fell asleep before we were even 100 yards down the road.  But everyone was a trooper while we were there. Well, everyone but maybe me. In addition to fairs, maybe we should add “cold farms” to the list of things I don’t do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment