background

Sunday, January 15, 2012

One/One/Twelve

We started something new this year on New Year’s Day. Something I hope turns into an annual tradition. We went to my friend Jessica’s (new) house for New Year’s Day lunch and to celebrate Christmas with her and her (new) husband.  Jessica and Kyle, aka Aunt J and Uncle K, have a beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful (I could go on and on) new house and it was the first time the kids and Matt had seen it.  Their house also is on a pond…a pond with fish! Although I think the fish may have gone south for the winter!



The kids had a great time playing outside and “fishing”.  I just think these pictures of Avery and Kyle are so adorable.


There was also lots of exploring….they even found a pile of bones! Yes, that was a little creepy!! And no, I did not take a picture of that!


After a lunch of chicken puffs, black eyed peas, collards, corn muffins and fruit, the kids settled in for story time with Aunt J.  Oh how they love her so!!

So I hope this is something we can do every year (unless the Wolfpack or the Aggies are in a bowl game!!!)…..I love creating traditions for the kids to remember. Just as I remember getting a burnt hot dog at The Spot once a week and spending Saturday nights with my grandmother, I want them to remember breakfast cupcakes on Saturdays, our Friday night dinners with friends and New Year’s Day with their Aunt J.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tradition and such memories are being made and imprinted in Will and Avery's mind. Looks like fishing is a family pass time.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete