background

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

T-Ball

This spring/summer, Will’s activity of choice was baseball. Well, technically t-ball because that is what is available for his age through the Y. It may have been what was available for his age, but his knowledge of the game and some of his skills are well beyond t-ball.   He played for the Pirates. Arrrggh!

Some action shots from the season.

Playing shortstop

IMG_1384

He got the tongue stick out from me.

At bat

IMG_1388

IMG_1408

Base runner

 IMG_1391 

Taking a slight lead, which I’m pretty sure isn’t allowed in t-ball!

IMG_1394

Trophy time.

 IMG_1483

Sissy was often times less than thrilled to be in the heat. But that pout kills me. IMG_1387 

It was a pretty funny season all in all. Matt and I have beat into his head to never throw the ball if someone isn’t looking. Well, that pretty much means in t-ball, you never throw the ball b/c 9.9 times out of 10, the first baseman isn’t looking. As a result, you have Will chasing the runners down, even if he was playing centerfield, to tag them out.  Even at home plate. From center field.

Will’s coach stressed throwing the ball to first for each hit, which was hard for “Mr. I want to turn a double play and/or get a force out somewhere else”.  But we survived. And he liked it enough that we are signing up for “real” baseball in the fall. Fall ball. I can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. WTG Will
    When I was young I used to stick my tongue out when I was concentrating too....must be a trait of all the cool people.
    Miss Avery my dahling you wear those shades with such style!!
    love
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete