background

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Snow Day(s)!

Yay, we finally got some snow!!! Last year we really didn’t get anything and the kids were getting antsy. We’ve had a few “snow dances” done at our house this year already.

The forecast was 3-6 inches. We got 2. But that’s okay because those couple of inches completely shut the city down!

IMG_2775IMG_2776

Matt and I both were working from home and I had a 90 min conf called scheduled at 9:30 so about 8:30, we headed outside. I don’t think the kids could have waited another minute!!

IMG_2777IMG_2780

 

Thank goodness one of Avery’s puppy dogs let Sunshine borrow her hooded sweatshirt. I got a lot of grief the last time it snowed that Sunshine didn’t have a coat. So I was glad to find one that fit so I didn’t have to make one at 9PM the night before the snow.  It was going to be cute though…poncho style!

IMG_2778

More fun in the snow!

IMG_2781IMG_2782IMG_2784

 

Yay, a good picture of the 2 of them!

IMG_2785

Of course it’s not hard to get a good picture of this dude!

IMG_2788

 

Avery decided to shovel for a bit. What a good helper!

IMG_2790IMG_2791

 

We had so much fun playing outside, although my toes got really cold really fast. I promptly went inside and ordered me a real pair of snow boots from a “Northerner” on eBay!

IMG_2793IMG_2794IMG_2797

 

Matt and the children hopped in the car and headed off to meet the neighbors at a big hill at the Nature Park. Umm…okay…Avery’s gloves were soaking wet and her hands were frozen. I was just about to take her inside and away they went!! But they had a lot of fun, even though I was a nervous wreck the whole time they were gone!!

Meanwhile me and the dogs tried to stay warm. I don’t even have a picture of Lindy outside…that is how short of an amount of time she stayed outside!! Stella didn’t even seem to enjoy the snow that much this year. I guess she is just getting older. Sniff, sniff…

IMG_2799

When everyone got back home and got warm, we made snow cream!

IMG_2801IMG_2804

 

Avery had a lot of fun making snow angels. She was in awe of them…so sweet.

IMG_2808IMG_2806

 

Sled, sled, sled!!

IMG_2811IMG_2813IMG_2814IMG_2815

 

I think, being from the beach and all, I wasn’t born with the snowman making gene. But I’ve also heard that this was a “dry” snow and not good for snowman making. I believe it as I couldn’t get anything to stick together much bigger than this little guy! And forget getting something to stick in for eyes, etc….everything would fall if you pushed too hard.

Of course about 30 seconds after I took this picture, someone let Stella outside and she promptly ate his carrot nose. Poor snowman.

IMG_2816

Schools were closed for 4 days!!!!  Thankfully Will is tracked out right now and doesn’t have to make the days up because year-round school make up days are on Saturdays!!  Will and Avery’s programs re-opened on Thursday so we were able to get back to normal a little earlier than most, which was good for all of us!!

My new snow boots came yesterday. Maybe it will snow one more time this year and I can try them out!

1 comment:

  1. Sprinkles in the snow cream was a good idea. I'll have to remember that for next time! No offense, but I hope it is at least a month before you get to wear snow boots around here. Maybe one last end of winter snow would be okay!!

    ReplyDelete