background

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Castaway Cay Day

When I opened the doors to the running deck on the 2nd morning, off in the distance I saw that we were approaching the white sand beaches with colorful umbrellas, also known as Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.  I couldn’t wait to get my toes in the sand!

But us girls made a quick stop on our way off the ship to visit with a certain little favorite princess. Now I will say Avery was not thrilled about being “made” to go see Sophia. In fact, she totally walked right past Jake and Doc McStuffins, who were part of the same meet and greet.  Neither Will nor Avery were in to visiting with the characters at all, which was fine by me because I thought the meet and greets were always at awful times. But Avery loves Sophia and she hasn’t met her before so I made her go.

But we got a pic with Sophia and we were off the ship, headed to CC to find the boys who had gone ahead to save us some chairs.

IMG_4183

We had a super fun day playing in the water and the sand and snorkeling. I actually got to sit in my beach chair and read for a few minutes too!

IMG_4188 IMG_4194 IMG_4199 IMG_4202 IMG_4203

It was a deceivingly long walk to the ship…believe me, I know, as I hurried back to get something we forgot!

We had fun making Mickey’s in the sand!

IMG_4195 IMG_4196 IMG_4197 IMG_4198

The kids (and adults) also enjoyed the water slides! Although Will and I did get stung by something, but we certainly didn’t let it ruin our trip. Here we are coming out of the tunnel slide.

IMG_4214 IMG_4217

There are tons of things to do on Castaway Cay and we didn’t experience hardly any of them! I thought about running in the 5k but decided against it once I saw what time we had to meet Sophia. Mom and I were also going to try and make it over to the adult beach area and check things out but we never did. We did enjoy the lunch and of course the ice cream!

Mom and I brought our “Salty & Happy” shirts. I don’t know about you, but I think we could be models!!  ;-)

IMG_4223 IMG_4227

Fruity drinks all around!

IMG_4233 IMG_4234

Two worn out kids taking an afternoon break! See Avery’s cheese plate on the ottoman!

IMG_4238

 

That night was the Halloween party and trick or treating. Will had brought a football player costume but he liked his pirate costume from the night before so much, he decided to make that his Halloween costume for the year. Ketchup stain and all! Hey, we decided it made it more pirate-like since it looked like blood! Avery went as Ariel (and Sunshine went as Snow White).

IMG_4239 IMG_4241

The Halloween dance party was fun, albeit it crowded and hot!

IMG_4242 IMG_4243 IMG_4244 IMG_4248

Avery wanted a picture of her and Sunny with her favorite chandelier!

IMG_4249

They had trick or treating set up around the ship and the kids had fun doing that. I can’t remember why we got separated from the boys, but we did. One of the cast members handing out candy wouldn’t give Avery candy without saying the magic word. She replied “Please” and he was all like “nope, it’s Trick or Treat”.  She was kind of put off by it!

IMG_4250

A few more pics of Princesses Avery and Sunshine.

IMG_4252 IMG_4253 IMG_4255

We had a yummy dinner in Enchanted Garden that night and then we were off to see The Golden Mickey’s show. We had a funny monkey waiting in our room when we got back!

IMG_4256

Tomorrow is our last full day on the ship. Boo!

1 comment:

  1. HAVE I MENTIONED I'M GREEN WITH ENVY WHAT A FANTASTIC TRIP..I THINK BRYAN AND I NEED TO RENT A CHILD TO TAKE ON THE DISNEY CRUISE. LOL DID YOU SEE ANY ADULTS W/O CHILDREN. I LOVE YOUR TSHIRTS AND I ESPECIALLY LIKE HOW THE LADIES HAD MATCHING BLACK COVERUPS!! SO CHIC!!
    I'LL CATCH UP ON THE NEXT ADVENTURE UPON MY RETURN FROM THE CRYSTAL COAST.
    LOVE CECILIA

    ReplyDelete