background

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sunny Goes Under the Knife. Okay Really Glue.

We were packing the car to head back home from our Thanksgiving trip and I picked up Sunny, because no one else was packing up the kids’ stuff, and her arm almost fell off!!! Eeeeeck! I seriously almost vomited and passed out at that moment.
IMG_2830
I picked the perfect moment to break the news to Avery. She actually took it much better than I expected. I, however, was still taking it very hard. I texted the picture to my good friend, Tiffany. Thankfully, she had just arrived at her mom’s house and her mom is an excellent seamstress and offered up a great suggestion.

I temporarily fixed the gaping hole when we get back to Raleigh and shopped for the supplies for a permanent fix on Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately the bag of supplies never made it out of my mom’s car and off to Beaufort they went!! A Beaufort angel (aka “Shady”) rushed them to the post office. We love her, even though she is a UNC fan.

I finally worked up the nerve to repair Sunshine, which included making an arm patch and using some super strong glue.
IMG_2832

You don’t know how close I came to using this “tattooed” piece of fabric as the patch!!
IMG_2831

Sunny survived surgery fine and spent the day propped up on a duck (who also needed mending), waiting for her arm to dry. I like to think she had a snuggly friend to keep her company that day.
IMG_2833
By bed time, she was as good as new and back in the arms of her sweet little mommy! So glad both of my girls are happy now!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD I AM ROLLING ON THE FLOOR. OF COURSE I REALIZE THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS INJURY AND SEND MY WELL WISHES FOR A COMPLETE RECOVERY. SOMETHING ABOUT SUNNY ON YOUR IRONING BOARD CUDDLING WITH A FRIEND WAS JUST TOO FUNNY.
    I DO RECALL MANY A SIMILAR SITUATION YEARS PAST. YOU AND AVERY HANDLED IT LIKE A PROS
    LOVE CECILIA

    ReplyDelete