background

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Old Man Winter

Well, Old Man Winter came. And he stayed. And he stayed a little bit longer. In fact, he stayed so long the children missed 4.5 days of school!!!

Oh my, that was a long week! It would have been (only slightly, I’m sure) better had I not been trying to juggle the whole “work from home” and take care of kids thing. As in Avery would have been a lot happier had I been able to play with her more than I did. But we survived. Barely. Thankfully the roads around me were cleared by Wednesday so the kids and I were able to get out each day and do something, whether it was going through the Mickey D’s drive thru to get Happy Meals or going to my dermatologist appt, where Avery freaked out when the used liquid nitrogen to freeze a sunspot off of my face and Will got lost in an elevator. Alone.

The winter weather we got on Monday evening/Tuesday morning ended up being a pretty good sledding surface so we got outside for a bit Tuesday morning.

But not without the first of many tantrums…..

IMG_3021

Winter fun!

IMG_3022IMG_3023IMG_3025

IMG_4868IMG_4880

We brought out one of the kiddie pools, which ended up being a lot of fun. Even I took a turn!

IMG_3026IMG_3027IMG_3029

It’s all about posing with this little one.

IMG_3031

Stella has always enjoyed sledding with us, although one time when she was riding with me, she jumped right out. Evidently I wasn’t going fast enough for her.

IMG_4882IMG_4884IMG_4885

It’s so funny how dark the girls look against the bright white snow.

IMG_4864

The secondary roads had a hard time getting back to normal. This was the general reaction around our house to the forecast and the news on school.

Saturday Matt went to work and the kids and I headed to the mall. Will had a Lego store gift card to use (Thanks, C!!) and you know what, it was warm in the mall and I made the kids walk around the whole mall with me! Stretch those little legs that have done much of nothing all week! We also went to Target and Char Grill for lunch. And thankfully after Matt got home that afternoon I got to the gym and then out to do a little retail therapy for myself. I was soooooo glad to be out of the house. ALONE.

Then on Tuesday I flew out to Boston for work and it was snowing!!! Old Man Winter came back and dumped a lot of snow on Raleigh. Matt didn’t take any pics!! Thankfully I was able to get back on Thursday, even if it did mean standing in my leather riding boots in 5 inches of snow, digging my car out of the snow on the airport parking deck roof with a CD case!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how Avery feels...I had a few tantrums when Wed night''s snow caused all the power outages. We awoke to no electricity for 15 hours. It went off at 4am Thursday morning came back on at 7:00 pm Thursday night. It was 54 in the house and I didn't get any coffee until 4 pm Thursday afternoon. As you can see I'm still having a tantrum. Out of the 12 houses on our cul-de-sac 6 at the bottom had power restored at 9 am Thursday. The 6 at the top (including us) had to wait until 7 pm. Still having a tantrum. We had huge pine tree limbs fall all over the yard...1 landed literally 1' away from the Highlander. We called our tree guy, Young's Tree Techs, LLC....the best by the way.
    they came this morning to cut down 3 remaining pines our of the yard!!

    Ok tantrum is over...you all sure do know how to have fun in the snow. As do the pups. OH MY GOSH you had to go to Boston....bless then come home to this mess.

    You are very welcomed for the Lego card!!

    Lots of love and I owe you an email.

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete