background

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Fun Weekend

We had a really busy but really fun (except for my multi-hour, multi-hundreds of $$ trip to Wal-Mart) weekend.  We kicked it off on Friday night with a celebratory dinner at Mimi’s house. We were celebrating Easter and Greta’s birthday.

As always, Aunt G finds at least one little helper!

IMG_3154 IMG_3172

Will was too busy playing with Wilson to be bothered with earrings and girl clothes!

IMG_3176

After dinner we had our own little version of the Avett Brothers going on (except this was the Modlin’s!!). Gray on his banjo, Matthew on his guitar and Greta on her mandolin.  Avery was having so much fun dancing and directing them!

IMG_3179 IMG_3183 IMG_3184 IMG_3186

Me, well I had a lap full of pugs, which is why all the pics are from the same angle because I couldn’t move!

IMG_3193

Avery took a try at the mandolin….

IMG_3190

Saturday’s events included a hair appt for me, a ball game for Will and Wal-Mart. The only thing picture worthy is the ball game! I’ve got to do better at taking pictures this season. Will is playing sooooo good this year!  He’s hit several triples and 2 home runs, including a grand slam last week. He’s on a good team this year and they are playing really well.

IMG_3203

I promise to take more pics at the next game!

After church on Sunday Mimi took “us girls” to see Sleeping Beauty at Raleigh Little Theater.

IMG_3211

Of course Sunshine went with us. She is always up to some shenanigans, especially when Aunt Greta is around!!  ;-)

IMG_3210

The plan was really good but a little dark and scary in parts. Avery wanted to “go to the bathroom” right after a scary part, which was code for “get me outta here!”.  Bless her heart, as we opened the bathroom door, a baby cried inside and it scared the life out of Avery. She went running across the lobby!!

But afterwards she was all smiles. She loved seeing the fairies in the show and loved loved loved getting autographs afterwards. She talked about the play for the rest of the night, including randomly telling people about it in SteinMart!

A great weekend and a short work week for me this week. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun time. I had no idea your had a bunch of pickers in the family. I've always wanted to play the dulcimer. Took lessons at Sertoma park...but then I find out after 5 weeks the lessons would move to chapel hill...you know I don't go there.
    I hope your vacation has been a ton of fun too.
    love cecilia

    ReplyDelete