background

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Avery is 6!

As you start a new year, a few things to remember about you:

IMG_3249
-You weigh 53.4lbs and are about 49in tall.

-You wear a size 6 or 7 in clothes and you still detest buttons.

-Will is still your favorite person by far and if he is poking at you like all brothers do, it makes you so upset. But at the same time, no one makes you happier than your Bubba.

-Sunshine is still always in your arms. Except for when she falls out of your bed multiple times a night and you start screaming for me to come get her. I am seriously contemplating putting the bed rails back up on your bed so I can get some sleep.


-Your fave foods are pickles and tomatoes. And candy.

-You start t-ball in a few weeks. I can’t wait to see you play! You spend so much of your life at a baseball field…and now you are about to spend even more!

-You are having an absolutely terrific year in kindergarten. Your teacher says you are a joy to have in the classroom and always set good examples for your classmates.


-You love to play with your Barbies and Legos……especially if Will is playing with them too. You also love to climb trees and play roll-a-bat.

-You and I are still fashion friends and foes! While we love to watch Say Yes to the Dress and go shoe shopping, our tastes are very different. Although I will say most of your tastes lately are purposefully in direct conflict with mine. Oh, I can’t wait for the teenage years!

-We found out on our recent trip to Florida that you love roller coasters, which is so fun and so surprising, considering that riding in the car gives you a massive headache. Every. Single. Time.

-You are becoming more and more of a Daddy’s girl….I suspect because you and I spend so much time together, you are starting to cherish that time you do get with your dad even more.

-You love your new cousin and have even given him the nickname “Walter Bubba.” I will never forget the look on your face the first time you saw him.

Avery, I love you with all my heart. I know sometimes you don’t get all the attention you need and I know it hurts and I’m sorry for that. But I treasure every moment I get to spend with you, even that 3AM “Sunshine’s on the floor” retrieve because I get to kiss your sweet cheek one more time. I can’t wait to see what t-ball season and first grade bring for you!

I love you,

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy 6th BDAY to you Avery!!!
    Oh I love pickles and tomatoes too.
    I know your 6th year will be full of lots of very special moments with your family.
    I love when you go shoe shopping with your mom too
    Love cecilia

    ReplyDelete