background

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Headed South

We took a quick family vacation to Florida last month. And no, we didn’t do Disney this trip. If I had a dollar for every time I answered that question, I could have financed a trip to Disney! Instead, we had a day being a non-theme park visitor tourist in Orlando, a day at Legoland, a day at Aquatica (SeaWorld’s water park) and about a day and a half at SeaWorld.

Our departure day was originally planned as an early release day at school but Mother Nature mucked all of that up. Still, I checked the kids out of school after lunch, took them home for quick showers and we were on the road.

And it wasn’t too long before we had to stop.

Here.

IMG_3220

What started out as a simple bathroom stop turned into traversing through like 3 of Pedro’s establishments looking for a working women’s restroom. And then getting the stink eye from the “bathroom attendant” that I didn’t tip. Tip for what??? Running her mouth to another employee while remaining seated instead of cleaning the restroom the entire time we were in there??!?! In fact, the only eye contact she made with me was to glare at me as I was walking out.  I digress….

IMG_3219

First time for everything I guess!  I thought Matt summed it up best with a Facebook status he posted about week after we had been there:

“It’s been a week and I still really can’t come up with an adequate description of my visit to South of the Border.”

HAHAHAHA.

The grand plan with leaving in the early afternoon was that the children would go to sleep in the car. Not. But they did good…we made it to the hotel in just over 9.5 hours, which wasn’t too bad at all.  We got checked in, unpacked most of the car and then got the kids in bed.  Since our hotel didn’t have room balconies for us to hang out on while the kids tried to go to sleep, Matt and I made the most of it, sitting on the cooler in the bathroom, reading books. And drinking beer. Just keepin’ it real, folks!

IMG_3221

Good night from Orlando!

IMG_3222

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo that was a fun first stop!!
    Oh did I get a chuckle at the visual of you and Matt sitting on the cooler in the bathroom.
    love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete