background

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Legoland

It was like a dream come true for Will and Avery…..a trip to Legoland! About an hour south (or maybe east…I don’t know…let’s go with “away”) from our hotel, you would have thought we were torturing them with that length of a drive!!!  But it was a nice drive and we got to see lots of orange trees (groves??) along the way. 

I know what monsters my children can turn into if required to wait in lines. Plus, they are up at the crack of dawn anyway so let’s capitalize on it!

Posing for Mommy.

IMG_3257 IMG_5079 IMG_5083 IMG_5086

I didn’t know Sunny had her own business. She should really pull her weight around here a little more. All those new clothes and pianos (yes, she has a new “bitty” baby grand piano) don’t come cheap!

IMG_5088

 

Legoland was a lot of fun. More fun than I expected.  Seeing all the Lego creations was simply amazing and once Will (and Matt) got to looking at some of this stuff, getting them to move along and go anywhere else was hard!  Here are some (also known as “a lot” but not even close to all) glimpses of various things in Miniland and around the park. I am fairly certain there are enough Legos on the floor of my bonus room to recreate these scenes.

IMG_5089 IMG_5092 IMG_5094 IMG_5096 IMG_5116 IMG_5117 IMG_5160 IMG_5162 IMG_5167 IMG_5169 IMG_5171 IMG_5175 IMG_5177 IMG_5178

This was our first trip where it was a little easier to balance the needs/wants of Will and Avery at the same time. Mainly because not only was Avery tall enough to experience most stuff but we discovered early in the day that she likes roller coasters. Me, I still don’t love them, but I seem to ride them a lot for someone who doesn’t love them. Oh wait, I love my children….that’s it!

Some of our first experiences of the day were Boating School, Flying School and Driving School. Avery was a horrible boat driver, a good car driver and an excellent pilot!!! I think Avery is “drinking coffee” in her pictures when she is driving the car.

IMG_3260 IMG_3261 IMG_5105 IMG_5109 IMG_1490 IMG_1491 IMG_5113 IMG_5114

Also check out this Ford Explorer!!!

IMG_5115

It probably wasn’t even 90 minutes after we got there when they discovered this Lego building place and well, we stayed here for a while. Good because it was super hot in Florida this week and at least I was sitting in the A/C. Bad because we were missing out on riding other things with short lines.  But they had a lot of fun building and racing their cars and for probably 90% of the time we had the place to ourselves.

IMG_5118 IMG_5121 IMG_5125 IMG_5127 IMG_5128 IMG_5129 IMG_5131 IMG_5134

It was also nice this trip that I didn’t have to ride every single thing as Will and Avery were able to ride some things by themselves. Especially since these 2 rides required physical exertion!

IMG_5104 IMG_5147 IMG_5179 IMG_5185

Throughout the day we got some funny photos taken on the rides, but I’m too cheap to buy any of them. But they usually looked like this: me hunched over the lap bar of a roller coaster, screaming with my eyes shut. M, W & A with their hands in the air smiling and laughing. Ha!

Overall the crowds were pretty light and we rode several things multiple times. The only snafu we hit was at this one roller coaster than had a falsely advertised wait time……but once you’ve sunk 25 minutes into it, what’s another 25?!?!?!  My only complaint about Legoland is that the coaster rides were really short. Most of the time it didn’t bother me because the waits were non-existent but not with this one. But anyway, the kids loved it and was Avery’s first official “full sized coaster” so she was excited about that.

In the mid-afternoon heat we found some inside time again…..building Hero Factory “people” and playing some Lego games. 

IMG_5187 IMG_5188 IMG_5190

I made myself a bracelet. Ha!

IMG_5191

The other 3 had some more impressive builds!

IMG_5192 IMG_5196 IMG_5197 IMG_5199

Being silly in the afternoon heat! And yes, Will wore knee socks the whole trip. Just looking at them makes me hot.

IMG_5145 IMG_5148 IMG_5153 IMG_5156 IMG_5158 IMG_5211

I was also super impressed with Avery’s gaming skills. I guess kids this day just “get it”….me, I still can’t figure out which of the 10 buttons does what!

IMG_5200 IMG_5201 IMG_5202 IMG_5204 IMG_5205

Legoland was a lot of fun. I’m not sure we’ll go back as we did most of the park and Will is probably close to aging out of the rides, but I am really glad we went.  It was definitely a fun family day! 

1 comment:

  1. I expect you could have spent your entire vacation time going to and from Legoland!! OH my goodness that was fun and I have never touch a Lego. I think, Avery has aspiration to be a model...she strikes the cutest poses when you take photos. Both your engineers were in their element.
    Love to you all
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete