background

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Dancing Queen

Avery had her dance recital a few weeks ago. As always, Avery loves the opportunity to get dressed up and all that jazz so she loves dance recital time.

IMG_5728

Her class did a ballet and tap routine. The ballet routine was set to “If You Believe” from Tinkerbll and the tap routine was set to a jazzy version of “It’s a Small World”.

Getting ready…..I’m so glad I took the time to curl her fine hair because the humidity straightened like a board in about 2 seconds flat.

IMG_5717 IMG_5719

 

Posting with NaNa.

IMG_5723

And with Mimi. Thanks for all the rides to dance, Mimi!

IMG_5726

Evidently I got no pictures of the tap performance, but I did get a few during ballet.

IMG_5731 IMG_5732

Of course Matt and I got her flowers for the performance. When I asked Will the day before the recital if he wanted to give her flowers too he said no…he wanted to get Sunshine a ballet outfit and surprise Avery with Sunshine dressed in her dance costume at the recital. So guess what I did on Friday? Drove around to find a dance costume for a doll.

We were on the 2nd row and we held Sunny up when Avery was on stage. The look on her face when she saw Sunny was so cute!

Will begrudgingly posing with the doll and flowers and then giving them to Avery after the recital. As you can tell Avery isn’t even paying him attention. She’s looking at her daddy…..the rest of us were completely ignored!

IMG_5736

IMG_5737

 

As you can tell, someone got hold of the lipstick backstage!

IMG_5739

IMG_5743 IMG_5747 IMG_5748 IMG_5749 IMG_5750

 

As you can tell, some little people were getting tired of pictures! But a few more!

 IMG_5754

IMG_5751

This is Avery and her friend, Cecilia. This is their 2nd year of dancing together. They also played t-ball together this year.

IMG_5759

Cecilia’s younger sister danced this year as well.

IMG_5763

Such sweet girls!

Avery claimed she didn’t want to take dance next year. And then as she was getting all prettied up for the recital, she decided she does want to take it.  I don’t know if we will be able to swing it with softball but we might have to try.

1 comment:

  1. What great photo's I love the color of her tutu!! Too sweet of Will to think of getting Sunshine a tutu!
    Well when I read 'Avery and her friend, Cecilia". I momentarily tried to remember when I had my photo with Avery. Oh my goodness I haven't known a child called Cecilia. Seems the name is coming back into fashion
    Happy 4th my 'kids' will be here tomorrow.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete