background

Friday, September 18, 2015

14 Years!!

Last week we celebrated 14 years of wedded bliss!!!  We’re as old as Matt’s car!!

IMG_3976

Since our anniversary is so close to Will’s birthday, we typically have a built in baby sitter already staying at our house which is nice for date night!

Because we are both working parents of small children, date night usually involves an errand or two!  It was a trip to Target this time (which I mean is basically heaven for me).

I needed a new pillow:

IMG_3977

Will needed a birthday gift:

IMG_3978

And of course you also pick up many other random things while in Target, like school folders on clearance for $.08. Makes me mad I paid like a $1 for them back in July!!!

We decided to forego the trip to Lowe’s and instead headed downtown. It was First Friday so there were live music venues and street closures. We walked around a bit, had a drink at the Anchor Bar and then headed to dinner at the Stanbury.

IMG_1864

Happy Anniversary to us!

Dinner was great…..I had scallops and Matt had fish. The green beans we had as a starter were to die for and maybe my fave part of the meal!

Dessert didn’t sound appealing to me at the restaurant so we skipped it….but my knight in shining armor stopped at the gas station near our neighborhood and got me one of my favorite desserts!

IMG_3980

The sad part, I didn’t even share with him….I had those 2 cupcakes eaten before we even got in our neighborhood!

Happy 14th Anniversary, Matt!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY 14TH....IT SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY AND I TRULY REMEMBER YOUR LOVELY COURTSHIP AT NCSU AND YOUR WEDDING.
    I'M CATCHING UP ON LIFE AFTER BEING AWAY A WEEK.
    OUR TRIP WAS WONDERFUL MORE ON THAT LATER
    LOVE CECILIA

    ReplyDelete