background

Monday, January 31, 2011

Good times, good friends

This past weekend ended up being a marvelous weekend spent with friends. On Saturday, the fam and I headed across the county bright and early to visit my college roommate, Maid of Honor, and one of my favorite gals in the world. Catherine just moved back to NC after leaving right after graduate school so I am thrilled to have not only have her back in NC but to have her in the same county! She has a little girl a few months younger than Avery and I hope they grow up to be special friends just like the mama's!
Two of my favorite girls!

Like Will needs a microphone

We enjoyed visiting and having a light brunch (Will just about ate them out of house and home the 2 hrs we were there). Will and Avery loved their playroom because all the toys were "new" to them. I felt terrible that we left it in such a disarray! Avery did a very good job sharing with her friend. I was impressed because she did a very bad job of sharing with her brother there and actually did her best to purposefully annoy him. For instance, laying down on top of anything he was playing with so he couldn't play with it. My, she is growing up and getting her own little personality.
Avery's favorite activity....dumping things out of containers

On our way back across town we stopped and had pizza at one of Matt and I's "old haunts" across from campus. Will and Avery were decked out in their Wolfpack attire (today the Wolfpack played (badly) against the Boo Tarheels).  They were very cute.

Early Sunday morning Catherine picked me up and we headed to Virginia to visit our friend Meredith and her family, including her new baby boy! Meredith and Catherine grew up together and I got to know Meredith through Catherine and we hit it off during all of Catherine's wedding festivities. I was very sad when she moved away from Raleigh a few years ago.

It was been years since Catherine and I had a road trip together. The last time was on the way to the beach for Meredith's bachelorette party. We had a great time visiting and it made me wish we all lived in the same neighborhood. Meredith's older son, who is almost 3, has THE BEST manners.

Me, Mere, and Catherine

We had a great tour guide for Sunday's trip: Janet, the Irish Tom-Tom GPS. She spoke with a darling accent and kept telling us to "turn on the motorway". Ha! Although Janet let us down on the way home when we hit bad traffic on the interstate. I think Janet got a little mad at us and even yelled at us with her Irish accent a few times. "Turn around right now!!!" Ha!!

On Monday I finally had the opportunity to take a long overdue trip to the coast to visit my favorite family of multiples.I have had several trips planned over the last few months but it never fails, someone in my house gets sick and I can't go. I think I was up all last night worried that someone was going to get sick!
Austin and Currin enjoying play time

I got lots of good cuddle time with my godson Currin and his handsome brothers. I also got to hang out with big sister Lilly and one of the grandma's too. Most importantly, I got to see Elizabeth and give her a hug. Liz, I miss you so much!!!!!!!!!  Unfortunately Jon was at work so I didn't get to see him on this trip.
Me and my boy, Currin

These boys are quite a miracle story (their mama too) and tears sprung in my eyes when I saw them today. I haven't seen them since their baptisms in November. If only they all just lived next door to me.  :-(
Lee showing off his skills

So my butt has been on a few "motorways" these past few days but hanging out with my girls and their little ones made it all worth it!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we were next door neighbors too! There are other triplets on your street.We'd fit in;)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie somehow I missed this one ahhhh I know it was posted on the day I got food poisoning....
    I guess that is a good excuse for not commenting I could barely hold my head up.

    HOW wonderful to see you, Catherine, Meredith and Elizabeth together!!! Beautiful MOMS and beautiful children,
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete