background

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Museum of Life and Science

Will's class recently went on a field trip to the NC Museum of Life and Science in Durham and Matt, Avery and I tagged along. I haven't been to this museum in like 25 years...I think I went sometime in elementary or middle school. I think. We had SO MUCH FUN with Will's class. Thankfully it was overcast because it was hot and humid enough already. I can't imagine how hot it could have been.

We did lots of fun things....played on lots of play structures, visited the farm animals, walked the Dinosaur Trail, dug for fossils, raced some sailboats, saw the butterflies and a ton of other fun things.

The Dinosaur Trail was not quite what I expected it to be....I was underwhelmed to say the least. And no, I wasn't expecting real dinosaurs or anything. Maybe just more dinosaurs. The fossil dig made me ill to because everyone got so dirty!!
A little bit of a scary sight when you turn the bend   
obligatory poses by the dinos
You can tell everyone is thrilled to have their pic taken 
Digging for fossils...in Lilly Pulitzer

We spent an hour or so inside, but definitely didn't get to see everything. We will spend more time inside when we go back, for sure!
Making the earth move (I think)

Play time




Always an engineer

Everyone missed nap time, but caught a few zzzz's in the car. Avery was asleep before we had driven 3 blocks.


Still has Goldfish in her fist

No comments:

Post a Comment