background

Friday, May 20, 2011

Strawberry Fields

It’s the time of year again…..time for our annual trek to the strawberry fields. We even made Avery pick her share when she was 2 weeks old a few years ago! Ok, well she may have not picked any, but she went along for the ride.
 
We usually go to this small farm in Rolesville called The Collard Patch. It is never crowded and the strawberries are always plentiful. And we always get too many!
Strawberry Shortcake


 
The kids have a ton of fun when we go and somehow this year we managed to stay fairly clean. Well, I am pretty sure Will picked up a few germs in one of the 200 times he went to the porta potty (it was hot at soccer and someone had a lot to drink!).  We even had some momentary flashing of the field, but I am trying to block that whole porta potty part of the experience from my memory. 
Hard at work

Will is an excellent picker and this year truly understood which ones were the good berries to get and which ones were not.  Avery did a pretty good job too. Neither of them ate very many….I think they forgot they could and I certainly didn’t remind them. I’ve dealt with the wrath of strawberry juice stains before. 
Big Berry!

Here's a good one!

 
Avery is so like me though……Unless I am on a ball field or at the beach, I really don’t care to be outside all that much. I am always “ready to go” way before Matt is. Avery was worn out, just like me. She kept sitting on the ground, saying “Can we go home?” Ha….I finally told her to go tell her dad. Guess what, we went home.  


Asking Daddy to go home

Just to round out our 2011 strawberry experience.....a few nights later we were enjoying some strawberry shortcake for dessert. With the gentle flick of a wrist, Avery's shortcake accidentally landed cream side down, right smack on top of Lindy's head. Just like a little hat of sugar. It was HILARIOUS. If I had only had the camera within reach! Poor Lindy, this hasn't been her week. This was the night after we locked her outside in the front yard no less, for almost 2 hours one night.

1 comment:

  1. LOL Avery and Mom I'm with you unless I'm near water I don't enjoy getting hot and sweaty. It is a boy thing I think!!
    Have a great vacation.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete