background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A bridal shower

I have been waiting to host a bridal shower for my friend Jessica for a long time. I finally got the chance on Saturday. Mom and I hosted Jessica what I called a traditional Southern shower...for my not necessarily 100% authentic Southern friend....which made it even more important to host her a Southern shower!

After a week of yucky, cold weather. The sun and (slightly) warmer temperatures arrived for Saturday afternoon. What did not arrive was a nap for Avery. I guess she knew it was party time and she is not one to miss a party.


Fellowship with friends and family
My little ice girl
I think the shower was great! It was the perfect mix of friends and family and lots of attention was paid to the bride-to-be. Jessica got some really nice gifts and I think she is officially excited about everything now!
The cake was so good!



Avery entertaining herself

A Southern Tradition

Jessica, Carol (her mom), Milena (my mom), me
I love Jessica like a sister and I am so happy for her. I can't wait to stand beside her in 2 1/2 months!

1 comment:

  1. Janie what a beautiful table...Well done and perfectly Southern!!!
    Everything is beautiful and so many smiling faces.

    What did Avery charge for entertainment she provided? LOL
    I just love the last picture.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete