background

Friday, September 30, 2011

Pearly Whites

Recently Avery made her first trip to the dentist. Since my dental insurance is probably about to end in the near future, we figured we needed to go ahead and get her in. Plus, our dentist allows parents back in the exam room until the child is 3. As with Will, I like this idea because the dentist is something very different than most children have ever experienced so I am sure the children find comfort in mom or dad's hand that very first time.

We go to a great pediatric dentist practice and they do such a superb job explaining everything to the children. Avery did great! I wish I could have been with her but work made that impossible.  Luckily Matt was able to take her, which was nice because they get very little alone "father/daughter" time so I know they had fun hanging out.

She got a great report. They even said the words I have grown to love to hear: "She has plenty of space between her teeth".  As an adult, I thought that sounded horrible until I realized that translated into the potential of less orthodontia work in the future as her permanent teeth will have more room to come in.

Here is a picture of our little sweetheart when she was all done (obviously laying in the dental chair did a number on her pony tail)!!

1 comment: