background

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Blessings

While I have a lot to be thankful for this Easter, it felt a little bit like a “Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma’am” sort of event unfortunately when I look back on it.  A colleague at work asked today about my father and I started off the story something like “3 or 4 weeks ago….” . And then I thought about that statement. It wasn’t 3 or4 weeks ago when my family’s lives were turned upside down. Essentially it was 2 weeks and 1 day ago. Two weeks and 1 day ago when we first heard “brain tumor.”  Two weeks and 1 day ago when life went from normal, to completely abnormal and now back to somewhat normal again.

It is hard to begin to believe all that has transpired in 2 weeks and 1 day. All the traveling, phone calls, FORMS (man have there been forms), tests, meetings, etc…. Oh, and don’t forget that little thing my dad went through called BRAIN SURGERY.  And now he is back home, going to work, leading a fairly normal life for the time being.

The “back to normal” part is simply a miracle. And so is Easter. So the fact that all this coincided timing wise just proves to me that the big guy upstairs has been with me and my family these past 2 weeks and 1 day.

Dad was at my house to dye eggs with the children.  He and Mom actually made it to church with us on Easter Sunday. Note to self: arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes early next year as we didn’t even all get to sit together and were sitting in a random assortment of chairs in various parts of the Sanctuary.  So the craziness of the Easter service didn’t help with the whirlwind of events. I wanted to feel connected to the service but between our random seats, the packed house and trying to keep Will quiet and entertained since he didn’t have Children’s Chapel that day, I felt like I got cheated out of my special time with God during church that day. I wanted to thank him appropriately, whatever that means.  But then, I had been pretty close to him all week so maybe it was okay.

Anyway enough deep rambling; everyone loves pictures so here are some pics of egg decorating and Easter morning.

















1 comment:

  1. Hello Modlins and thank you for sharing your beautiful Easter Egg dying and oh what fun you must have had hunting for eggs before the rooster even crowed. You all know how to make wonderful memories. Your Dad looks wonderful shows what lots of prayers, wonderful doctors and TLC can do.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete