background

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Snow White Birthday Party

While I am completely behind and already out of a sequential ordering of Disney posts (being I've only done one...), I will go ahead and interrupt again with a post about Avery's birthday party.

Our little princess just loves Snow White so I knew several months ago exactly what kind of party she wanted. Thankfully I had been working on it for some time because when it came right down to it, I didn't have much time. I had originally planned to have it in mid-May, giving me plenty of time after the Disney trip to work on the party. But unfortunately we got double-booked so I had re-order invites and all that good stuff and have the party less than 48 hours after we got back from vacation!!!!! But that is neither here nor there.....


So I kept it simple as best I could, with both the invite list and the food. I probably did a better job keeping the food aspect simple....just cake, ice cream and fruit.

I made Snow White tutu's for everyone...wait, I should say Matt and I made them (because I had to get some help that last week) and made cute little apple-shaped favor boxes for the girls, complete with an apple shaped cookie. I really wanted to do the cookies myself but once again, time got the best of me so I had to have someone else make them. It worked out fine. If nothing else, I've learned these last 6 weeks or so to let go. To let go of all the things I think matter but really don't. To let go and to ask for help or accept it when it is offered.


Avery and Lilly in their tutus....

Avery was very cute and sweet as everyone sang Happy Birthday to her! She had the sweetest little puff to blow out her THREE candles!



We had an area to make Dwarf Beards.....


A table for of princess crown making delights.....


A playroom full of princes and princesses.....


A few more random pics....






Dad had his follow-up appts at Duke a few days after Avery's birthday so they were able to come up for the party. Yay! A side note, his appointment went great and everyone at Duke could not be more please with how well he is doing. God is good!!!


2 comments:

  1. You are certainly not alone with learning to let go and ask for help - I struggle with it as I think most moms do. Why on earth do we think or even want to try to do it all? I guess we just love our little ones that much!
    And I would have never known you had to reschedule the party or even simplify anything. The party was so incredibly cute and fun and just perfect! Good job Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Avery's party could not have been any more fun than it was. Such great activities, the tutus are too cute, prince beards! You and yor dwarfs/ helpers did a wonderful job of making Avery's 3rd bday a dream come true!
    Love
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete