background

Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday, Will!!

I can't believe that my Will is SIX. Wow, there is no way I am that old!!  I have 4 loads of laundry to fold and put away and more party prep to do, but I have to do write this post.

Dear Will,

A few things to remember about you on your SIXTH birthday.......
 
-You way close to 50lbs and you are at least 48in high. Or at  least you were that tall back at Kings Dominion in the fall!
-You started kindergarten back in mid-July and you are doing SO GOOD! The teachers are already sending home 1st grade work for you to do.
-More than kindergarten, you love everything to do with the YMCA!
-You and Lindy have grown closer this past year. Most mornings she gets in bed with you and snuggles.
-You and Avery are still the best of friends. There have been more squabbles over toys in the last few months but you two still love each other more than words can describe. And it melts your dad and I to watch you to love each other.
-You have really flourished at church this year. You love going and that makes me so incredibly proud. Your dad too.
-You've had many "firsts" this year....first airplane ride, first hotel stay, first inverted roller coaster.  Well, I guess first real roller coaster too. You have very little fear.
-You've lost 3 teeth now; 2 this year. And one of those was knocked out! You've also hit another tooth very hard (hard enough that it required a dentist visit) and your knee has also knocked one of Avery's teeth almost out.
-You love the beach and the pool.
-Just about more than anything, you love adventures.
-You are one smart cookie.  You are a fierce Lego engineer and can whip through a school workbook in no time flat.

I love you, Will. My heart swells every time I look at you. I want to just hold you all day long and keep you right up against me. You are such a little gentleman and on a daily basis I am shocked at the mature and grown-up  things that come out of your mouth.  I do love you, Bubby.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Will aka Miner Modlin...I cannot add one thing to this beautiful 6th year post except it has been my honor to watch you grow into such a fine son, brother, friend and lover of all creatures great and small.
    God bless you
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete