background

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Trees!!!

The Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend we went to get our trees. Mom has been with us the past couple of years as we have done this.  We let Will and Avery each pick out a tree…..it was hot and I was tired and ready to go….plus all the trees look fine once you get them decorated!  I really like the trees they kids picked out. I wish they both were a smidge taller but oh well.


Decorating time!  Decorating 3 full-size trees is no joke but I love looking at them so it’s totally worth it!










I guess you could say the tree in the front of the house is the “girls” tree…mainly because the boys have lost interest by this point in the decorating. Evidently I had grand plans to sew a new tree skirt for this tree over the past year and yeah, that didn’t get done.  I must have also gotten rid of the old tree skirt last year. We lived with a plastic Kohl’s bag for a few days, because that’s how I roll, until I could find a new one. After Christmas I am going to add a few ornament appliqués to the new skirt as well as our monogram (of course!). And maybe even a ruffle or three. Don’t let me forget to do this between now and next year!!





These 2 are never far away from the action!



 And of course my favorite tree is the Christmas card tree in the dining room! This picture was taken several day ago...there are so many more cards now!!! Please excuse the disastrous butler’s pantry turned art room in the background! #Alovesconstructionpaper

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL....3 TREES WTG. NEXT YEAR I I WILL REMEMBER YOUR METHOD FOR GETTING THE ANGEL ON TOP OF THE TREE. IF YOU FEEL A SHAKE IT WILL BE ME FALLING OFF BRYAN'S SHOULDERS. I LOVE THE IDEA OF A CARD TREE!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL
    CECILIA

    ReplyDelete