background

Friday, December 4, 2015

Turkey Day

Thanksgiving was fun, crazy and eventful this year!!

IMG_4324

The festivities started the weekend before Thanksgiving when we had Kay over for dinner…a mini feast of sorts! It was my first time roasting a turkey (breast) I think.  I had kitchen consultation help from my “design consultant” (aka Matt) and I especially used his lifting skills for the oven work!  It turned out very yummy and not dry at all! Sadly, this is the only pic I have from our mini feast!!!!

IMG_4329

Fast forward to the Tuesday before and I headed up to Avery’s classroom for her Thanksgiving feast. They earned feathers in the month of November for good behavior. Look at my sweet girl’s collection of feathers. She named herself “Dancing Kitty”. Too sweet!

IMG_4338 IMG_4339

I took Wednesday off because the kids were out of school…we ran some errands and were planning on heading to the coast when Matt got off from work. We were literally walking out the door that night when we noticed Lindy was bleeding from her paw. A lot. A quick trip to our neighbor vet (who, for the record, we have never bothered before with a pet emergency in 8+ years) and we decided we needed to stay in Raleigh with her that night to make sure the bleeding stopped and her pain wasn’t too bad.

We got up really early Thursday morning and headed to the coast. We were there by I guess 8:30 so it really wasn’t too much different than just waking up there.  We weren’t doing the Thanksgiving meal until dinner time and since Mom had gotten some turkey and sides help from a neighbor, we had a fun day of just hanging around.  It meant that this girl learned to ride her bike!!

Let’s just say that I ran a lot that day! And some of it in jeans and flip flops, until I got smart and went and changed clothes!  She got the hang of it in no time at all. So proud of her!

IMG_4359

When it was time to eat, everyone was ready for turkey! And we loved having our own little turkey at the party this year!  We brought him his first Christmas gift….a Fisher Price Nativity Set. I wanted him to go ahead and have it to play with.

IMG_6254 IMG_6258 IMG_6259

On Black Friday, mom and I did some shopping….nothing too crazy…..I had gotten several good deals the day before online. We tried to take all 3 kids to the waterfront to see the Beaufort Santa as our tradition goes….but man, everyone else has gotten in our tradition and the line was super long. Way too long for the 3 kids with us!

Friday afternoon we headed back to Raleigh with Mom in tow. We had to cheer on our Wolfpack on Saturday as they faced the Boo Tarheels!

Before the game, we hung out on Hillsborough Street a bit. We ran into the cheerleaders at the Bell Tower and enjoyed some pregame nachos at Gonza!

IMG_4365 IMG_4370

Liz and I were “twin-ing” at the tailgate!

IMG_2061

Will’s baseball bud, Brody, came with us. He is such a nice and polite kid. I need him to hang out with my kids more often.  Of course you can’t hang out with Will without having some book reading and game playing time. 

IMG_4378 IMG_4379

Of course we had some football throwing time too!

IMG_4382

Avery, Lilly and Lee practiced their small town USA homecoming parade waves!

IMG_4381 IMG_4385

The kids were so funny at the game. Cheering their hearts out and exclaiming that the refs needed to have their eyes checked! They were trying SO hard to get on the Jumbotron but when you sit in the upper deck, that’s a hard feat…..at one point Avery turned to the boys and said “Someone take off your shirt!”  Ha!!! How on earth does she even know that might work!??! I guess we should all just breathe a collective sigh of relief that she wasn’t trying to take off her shirt!!

IMG_4395

We had so much fun….too bad we lost!

1 comment:

  1. I SMILED ALL THE WAY THROUGH THIS POST!!
    SO MANY HAPPY FACES AND FUN EVENTS
    LOVE CECILIA

    ReplyDelete