background

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Big 3-3!!

Last weekend was my birthday weekend. 33 big ones.  It was actually a great weekend, although I think I overscheduled us a bit. Oh well.  I worked that Friday and came in the door right at 5, only to put my swimsuit on and go right back out the door.  We had a good, but quick trip, to the pool that night. It was actually cool but still fun.  Will is really into jumping off the diving board and being thrown up into the air by dad. Gypsy Divers swim lessons were miraculous!!  A few PB&J’s later, we were back home for bath and bed time.
Saturday morning was so much fun. I hosted a 31 party for my good friend, Tiffany.  It was fun to have people from all the different aspects of my life there. Some knew me as Jayne, others as Janie and even a few Janie Beth’s. (ugh)  The party was a huge success and I am so thankful to all my friends for taking time out of their busy summer Saturday morning. 
Looking for Muddy the Mudcat
Saturday evening the family and I ventured back to the Dirty Kitty Cats. We had so much fun again. My parents went with us and it was nice to have an extra few laps for Avery to crawl in/over/out of. We actually had the exact same seats as last time.   Everyone had a great time….it really is good family entertainment. Cheap too, from a ticket standpoint (especially if you have a coupon). Not cheap after the cotton candy, ice cream and beer!!

Good news on the "Operation Mascot"....Avery actually hugged Muddy! So we're making some progress towards Disney!

Sweet Tooth x 2!

Cotton Candy Man
Sunday we skipped church and instead just played outside. It felt good. We go, go, go so much that sometimes we just have to STOP and enjoy our family and our lives. I am sure God understood on Sunday morning. During naps on Sunday, I did try and go spend some of my birthday money at DSW but couldn’t find a thing. So depressing!! Sunday night was my birthday dinner at Matt’s moms. Good food and great gifts!
A spring chick like me really can’t ask for much more for her birthday! Well, except for shoes, but there is still birthday money left!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure Avery will love the Disney characters. No offense to Muddy but I'm sure Mickey Mouse and friends are a little more friendly looking and approachable!! Thanks again for hosting the party! And I'm sure God understood - I'm hoping so because we skipped that morning as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend:) I wish I could have gone to the party, but am glad to hear it ended up going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Janie...yes indeed it was a fun 31 party. I must admit my first thought when I read 31 party was Baskin-Robbins....I guess I have a sweet tooth just like Avery.
    I hope you survived all the heat last week. I expect Lindy and Stella are taking moonlight walks these days.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete