background

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tick Tock

Do you hear that clock ticking? It is SO LOUD. And in double-time…  This very strange clock has been ticking like this since about 10:00PM on September 7, 2006. You know, when Will was born.

It has been a big few weeks for us.  After a very (not so) patient wait, we finally found out what elementary school he will be attending next school year. And then another short wait to find out what track he will be on, since he is going to year round. Then Sunday I took him to our local YMCA to sign him up for after-school and track out care.  How is it possible that my itty bitty (ok, not really) bouncing baby boy is about to start his formal education?? And to think that he was a mere 7 days from actually starting this LAST year!

I took him with me to the Y so he could see what it was all about. See the rooms he will be hanging out in. See the rock wall. And the basketball court. Just in general get him familiar and excited about this new endeavor.  As we’re walking around after we got him all signed up, he is so excited about everything, which made me feel good. Me, I think I had this very sad and probably half way bewildered look on my face.  There were BIG kids there. Now, I know they aren’t part of the programs Will will be attending. They were just high school kids there to work out or shoot hoops on a Sunday afternoon. But still….he is going to be that BIG kid before I know it.

But you know what my almost kindergartner did the entire time we walked around….he held my hand. Tightly. He never holds my hand. Even when I scream at him in a parking lot to hold my hand, he completely balks at the mere thought of holding my hand.  So I guess that means there are two excited yet nervous people in my house!

Then….


Now….


1 comment: