background

Thursday, July 26, 2012

DSW with the Diva

It has been a while since I have taken Avery to DSW with me.  I believe our last trip went something like this….she grabbing a pair of gold lame 4 inch high heels off the clearance rack and then SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER when I took them from her, all while wrestling to get out of her stroller. We were getting a lot of disapproving looks, especially since I was laughing my head off the whole time because I knew the (absurd) reason behind her temper tantrum.

But I decided to be brave last week. I had received a gift card for my birthday and had a few rewards certificates that were expiring soon.

I should insert here that just the day before our shopping trip, I was telling my teammates at work about her tantrum and the gold lame shoe.

So we waltz in the store, and the girl makes a bee line for the sparkle. I mean, we have been in the store all of 5 seconds and look what she has picked up! 

While I was texting the picture to a friend and Matt, I look over and she is trying on a pair!!

I was just dying a laughing. I was basically just following her around the store, picking up her discarded shoes!  Every, and I mean EVERY, pair she touched either sparkled or had bling.  She was so “grown up” with her comments too.  “Mommy, have you tried this beautiful pair on yet?”  “Ohhhhh, Mommy, look at how sparkly these are?”   “Oh, I HAVE to try these on, Mommy. Help me stand up in them.” 

She specifically asked me to send a picture of these to my friend “Miss Melissa”.

This last picture I sent to her godmother and said something like “Your goddaughter is having the time of her life in DSW.” To which I followed up with a statement about how hopefully her life didn’t include being a stripper!!

We left with just a boring pair of brown wedge sandals for me. I think the Diva was highly disappointed in our purchase.

And yes, those are Cajun Shrimp toes! Just like her momma!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! She is going to be a shoe girl. I see hundreds of shoes in her closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see Avery learning the ins and outs of buying the perfect pair of shoes...now if she can just train her mom bling and sparkles make the outfit!
    Hugs from a recovering shoe-queen
    Love and hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete