background

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Father’s Day 2014

IMG_3610

 

No big tear-jerker write up for Father’s Day. It was a hard day for me, as I am sure you can understand.

But there was happiness and moments of celebration. I loved watching the kids shower Matt with love. Children have the uncanny ability to bring out the sunshine in the darkest of moments. Even when Will remarked that this Father’s Day would have been better had Pops been here to celebrate with us, it gave us all the opportunity to realize that my father was actually having an awesome Father’s Day because he was celebrating with the Lord, and really it doesn’t get more grand of a celebration than that, and then with his own father, who died many, many years ago from cancer when my father was even younger than I.

Anyway, Will was very into this Father’s Day for Matt. He made him several things and was up bright and early on that Sunday morning to get everything displayed just so at Matthew’s spot at the kitchen table. Avery and I added our goodies too.

IMG_3593IMG_3594

One of Will’s gifts was a painted rock that he made at his after-school program. It cracks me up just a little bit.

IMG_3603IMG_3604

Avery dressed up to surprise Matt.

IMG_3598

Lucky kids and pooches, for sure!

IMG_3597IMG_3601IMG_3609

We always go out for a family lunch after church on Sundays. If there is any special occasion being celebrated, the honoree gets to pick the lunch location. Well, Matt’s choice was Circus Family Restaurant, which for some reason we have always called Circus Chicken. It’s an “interesting” place, to say the least and not in the best section of town. But Matt loves it and eats lunch there often. I will say they have a great ministry here in that they open their doors every Thanksgiving and serve free lunch to the needy.

But it’s a dive…no doubt about it. Even Will remarked that his “arms were sticking to the table”. Ha! I think the employees got a good kick out of us eating there in our Sunday finery.

This was my reaction after lunch. And I promise the frown is just from the blazing hot sun in my eyes.

photo

They have an impressive frozen dessert section so the kids of course loved it. Will got a huge ice cream cone dipped in chocolate. He was wearing a white shirt so guess who had to strip down before enjoying their dessert!!??!!

Happy Father’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment