background

Friday, April 15, 2011

Memories

At breakfast this morning, the children and I were talking about Avery's birthday and how it is 2 weeks from today. I asked Will if he remembered when Avery was born and he actually had a pretty good recollection of the first few days.

I asked him what he thought the first time he saw her in the hospital and he replied "I thought she was a going to be a good baby."

His first glimpse at the love of his life

Then he looked across the breakfast table and proclaimed to her in a loud, sing-songy voice "I've got you my baby."

Miss Repeat, not to be out done, sang right back to him "I've got you my...(pause as she figures out what to say)....my Bubba!"

Going in for the first of many kisses

And bless her heart...she's such a good girl. When I ask her what she wants for her birthday, her only reply ever is "cupcakes."  I think I can manage that. And maybe a little something else too!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I came over from Madi's blog to see if I could post a comment, as you probably know her mum is having trouble with the new antivirus.

    Btw, cupcakes sound like a fine birthday meal to me too :-)

    ReplyDelete