background

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ballet-ing

A few months ago, Avery started showing an interest in ballet and loves to "ballet" around the house. I started pricing dance classes and discovered that not only can it be really expensive, but there aren't a lot of options for a 2 year old, especially a 2 year old with a working mom. I came across a 4 week program through Parks & Rec called "Princess Ballet" and knew I had found a winner.  I love that it is just 4 weeks instead of a 9 month commitment and we can gauge her interest.

Here she is at the house before we left:



And some pictures before class began. She was SO EXCITED, if you can't tell!






Don't you just love those little behinds at the bar!

What I didn't realize, and what I had purposefully tried to avoid, was that this was a parent-child class.....meaning I got to dance too. Oh yay.  :-)


She had a lot of fun "ballet-ing", as she calls it, but got totally distracted by the HUGE playground that Bubba got to play on during her class. She is already really excited about next week's class, although I think it is because I told her we could bring play clothes and hit the playground after class!

1 comment:

  1. Avery you are definitely Pretty in Pink and I love your flowing ballet dress, tights and most of all your ballet slippers.
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete