background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day! And 60th Birthday to my dad!!!

I know some people think of this as a Hallmark created holiday, and maybe it is, but I really have a good time celebrating every year. It probably helps that with a family birthday in the mix, there is always a reason to celebrate on this day.

We went to the coast this weekend for that very birthday celebration.  We were able to check my grandmother out of her rehab facility for a few hours and we had celebration for my dad, complete with a yummy Devil’s Food cake with cream cheese icing and strawberries (courtesy of yours truly) and exchanged Valentine’s Day gifts with GG Jane.
Out of all the pics, I can't get a good one of the 3 of them.


Crazy party, huh?!?!

So my top layer was a little smaller than the other two....it still tasted good!

The birthday boy!
Matt and I got out to our favorite restaurant on Saturday night, Amos Mosquito’s. Meanwhile, the children had Valentine’s Celebration #2, this time with my brother.

Sunday morning we woke up to a bitter, cold morning and then celebrated one more time with the gift exchange with my dad. We gave him a new swimsuit, and 2 gift cards.

These few days leading up to Valentine’s Day have been busy getting ready for school activities. Will wrote his name on all his cards and started writing his friends’ names on them, but quickly relinquished that duty to me. He read me the names instead. Suits me fine….went much faster that way!!!
Working on Matt's card....he spent over an hour on it!

Finished product
A card made by Avery


 We also did lots of brownie baking. And I am loving all the leftover scraps from the heart cut outs!!
brownie cookies

Heart shaped brownies for the teachers
Matt surprised us with Chinese take out (ok, that was my idea) and roses for his girls. Avery was beside herself with excitement over her rose.
Matt and Will make hearts with their hands while Avery shows off her rose

Avery's rose

my flowers

Happy Valentine’s day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment