background

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Daddy Daughter Date Night

A beautiful princess in my house had a darling date with her Prince Charming this week. Chick-fil-a sponsored a “Daddy-Daughter” date night.  Good ol’ “Christian Chicken” did this back in the fall for Mother/Son combos. They do a lot of things like this. It is great because is forces upon us some situations that we normally may let go by the wayside. Ironically, the day before I saw the advertisement for this, I had been thinking that Matt and Avery don’t spend a lot of one on one time together and that was something we needed to work on.

Avery, ever the fashionista, needs to think that all clothing choices are her ideas.  Like when I lay out her clothes in the morning, I know she won’t wear what I lay out on her dresser, so I put what I want her to wear in her drawer, but on the top of the other items, so she will pick that outfit! Likewise, if I know something special is coming up and I want her to wear something particular, I have to start talking it up days beforehand. I started talking up her big date with Dad last week, thinking she would just wear one of her dresses in her closet. But all on her own, she decided she wanted to wear one of her very fancy dresses. So of course I let her. I seriously contemplated curling her hair and putting makeup on her!!

Dad arrived to pick her up and away they went!



There was a flower involved before the night was over as well as a neat booklet and a packet of seeds.  She and Matt will plant those together this spring.


So while Matt and Avery were away, Will and I did a little Valentine’s Day gift shopping  and grabbed a bite to eat at the local Italian place. Here he is concentrating on a word search on his place mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment