background

Friday, April 11, 2014

Pump It Up

A few weeks ago, Avery asked me to show her how to “pump” her legs and swing. So we went out in the backyard and I showed her a few times. I loved swinging on my swing set as a child and was truly crushed (no pun intended) when our HUGE weeping willow tree fell on top of my swing set during a hurricane and crushed it. I can still see that image in my mind.  Nevertheless, my wonderful father and one of his friends welded it all back together. Swing on!

Anyway, Avery quickly got the hang of pumping her legs and then spent the next several days running to the backyard every afternoon to practice. Before I knew it, she was flying high in the back yard. And boy is she excited. She wants to show EVERYONE how she knows how to “pump”. Not swing, but pump.

So sweet how it is such a simple thing that has her so excited. I guess it should be a lesson to us all!!!

She continues to run to the backyard as soon as we get home in the afternoon so she can swing. She even bypasses the pantry and skips snack, which is AMAZING.

IMG_3026IMG_3029

1 comment:

  1. OH what a precious post...and you are right the simplest things often bring the most pleasure.
    I used to love to swing too. We have a glider on the back porch but for some reason I cannot sit in it in
    motion unless it is just me. Someone else's moving it gives me butterflies in my tummy
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete