background

Friday, May 2, 2014

Girl Day!

The 2nd best thing about me changing jobs was the almost 2 week hiatus I was able to take between jobs. The 1st best thing of course was a new job!!

One day I kept Avery home all day from school but sent Will and Avery and I had a “girls day”! We had so much fun. For the most part, she just wanted to play around the house.

We played with Barbies for awhile that morning and read some books. Then I surprised her with a fun craft/fashion project…..2 of her fave things!  A good friend had showed me this mommy/daughter duo and I knew this was something Avery and I had to try. 

Avery just loved this project and quickly gave our business a name:

IMG_3197

 

She was thrilled to make the first dress.

IMG_3173IMG_3174IMG_3175IMG_3176

 

Since Avery and I watch “Say Yes to the Dress” together, I have already picked out her wedding dress. It has big fabric flowers all over the bottom and it is called “Sunday Rose”. She mentions this all the time and it just cracks me up (and gives my heart a little hope she won’t pick out a purple dress with a skull on it when the time comes). So she wanted to make a dress with “fabric” flowers on it. Please don’t laugh at our tissue paper flowers.

IMG_3178IMG_3179IMG_3180IMG_3183IMG_3185IMG_3187

 

The streamers, cape and train were all completely her doing.

Then we moved on to what was supposed to be a leotard and tutu. Will and I both immediately thought she had drawn her beloved “skull” on the skirt but she promises it is just a design. She loved adding the real flowers to this one too, but you can tell she was starting to tire a little of this activity!

IMG_3188IMG_3190IMG_3192IMG_3193

 

The last dress she wanted to make was a wedding dress. She did this one basically all by herself.

IMG_3194IMG_3195IMG_3196

 

Our four designs….

IMG_3198

 

We had so much fun doing this!!

We played around the house a little more and then headed out to her lunch choice: Taco Bell. Then after a quick trip to Lowe’s for flowers and Target, we went and got Will and then had a fun afternoon together.

Stay tuned for the recap of the Mommy/Son day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment