background

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

CPK

I want to introduce you to someone. This is Arianna Apple; Avery's very first Cabbage Patch Kid and my dream as a mother of a girl. And Avery hates her. She really does.

I loved my CPK's as a child...had 6 of them. I still remember their outfits and their names, etc.... Oh and their baby powder smell.....The dolls started making a comeback recently so of course I jumped at the chance to suggest that Santa get her one last Christmas. Avery loves dolls...has lots of them. Yet she has truthfully barely ever touched this one.


In fact, she has stuffed her in a bin in the art easel!!

One day earlier this week, as the children were pouring through the toy catalogs that are already coming in the mail, I wistfully looked in the playroom and announced they were going to have to give a few toys to less fortunate kids before Christmas so we could make room for new stuff. Avery piped right up and said she has something to give (what kid does that?!?!?). And it was Arianna Apple. Followed quickly by the statement "I don't like her at all." Ha.

Not sure I have the heart though.....I mean, it is her first Cabbage Patch Kid. Ironically, I bought her smaller, baby version of one at a consignment sale last year and she loves that thing.

Maybe if I sprung for the extra $15 and gotten the one with yarn hair.....

Oh and if you don't believe me and my love for CPK's....here are the names of mine, which Mom still has most of them, in the order I got them:

Lottie Georgine
Norton Carey (he was a preemie)
Jilly Garcia
Byron Todd
And then the Christmas twins, Sheila Inez and Charles Edmond

Love them. Why doesn't she???

3 comments:

  1. Your cabbage patch kids names are killing me! That is so funny. Mine was named Gina I think but I can't remember her middle name. Why does Avery not like Arianna Apple? Or is Arianna mean to Sunshine??? :) You can not beat that baby powder smell of CPKs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love CPK and would be devistated if my little girl refused them! I love that you know their names!!! Love this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rolling on the floor here. Great post
    Children keep us humble!
    Love Cecilia

    ReplyDelete