background

Friday, October 5, 2012

Memory Lane

My digital picture frame on my desk at work today tipped over and as I was standing it back up, the most precious picture from a few years ago was being displayed. It was one from a fall day when Will was 4 and Avery was just 1 1/2 or so. We were on campus for some reason and evidently had gone to Dunkin' Donuts on Hillsborough Street and gotten obviously just Will a doughnut and were back on campus enjoying it. As you can see, Avery wanted Baba to share!

 

They are just so sweet. I love how young Will looks. He has all his teeth. He was still wearing toddler clothes. I love Avery's chunky legs and that little curl in her hair right where the bow is.





Matthew and I sure didn't know it then, but what a telling glimpse into our future this exchange between Will and Avery ended up being. Will, ever doting on his sister, giving her what she wanted but teasing her a bit in the process.  Avery, getting what she wants and obviously being thrilled about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment