background

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hold on Tight

It’s been a tragically sad couple of weeks. Neither were particularly “close to home” to me personally (thank goodness) but eye-opening nevertheless.  One was a young husband/father out in blogland who was killed in a car accident two weekends ago. Another was a friend from home who found his toddler son dead in his crib a few mornings ago.  The Lord has a plan but I’m not going to pretend that I understand those plans right now.  But I know I am thankful for what I have and I know that I need to hold on to it a little more tightly than I probably was. It is too easy to get wrapped up in all the nonsense of life….well, careers and child rearing/disciplining aren’t nonsense but in the big scheme of things, sometimes it is more important to hold that little girl at night because she is scared or go down that water slide one more time because of the grin on a certain little boy’s face than it is to worry about beating traffic. Or getting someone in bed on time.

It’s a hard balance…..being responsible and mature versus free-spirited and carefree.  To the parents who just lost their son, they would give anything to have one more minute with him.  Even if that one more minute was him not listening or running when he was supposed to be walking, etc…. But I know in life, I have to teach them when to run versus walk. And to save money. Or to use good judgment.  But finding that sweet spot is difficult and I never want to be in the position to say “If I had only…..”

God is with me. He has to be, because I know I can’t do this alone.

Praying for all those who are suffering and praising His name for the blessings in my life, including these guys.……
 

No comments:

Post a Comment