background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

"My Daddy"

This is one of those "I want to remember something about the children" posts. The subject for today: Avery.  Avery is not the easiest baby/toddler. She is not as laid-back as Will was at this age and is already showing us how strong-willed she is. But she can melt a heart in a flash....which is probably not helping the matter of Avery always getting what Avery wants.  One of my favorite things Avery does is call Matt "my daddy". Not all the time, but a lot of the time, especially if she really wants his attention.  Often times in the morning I might be upstairs getting ready and I hear a lot of this:

"I neeeee help, my daddy"

"I do it, my daddy"

"Open, my daddy"

"Dwink pweese, my daddy"

"Fix it, my daddy"

And of course several "No, my daddy" a day!





I could go on and on. I usually get her up in the mornings and most of the time the first thing she says is "Go get my daddy???"  I think this is really because she knows he is downstairs eating and she wants to go partake of his breakfast too!! Avery usually eats 3 breakfasts a day, which is quite funny!

But don't let all this Daddy's girl talk fool you. All of you who know Avery know her ABSOLUTE favorite place to be is on my left hip. If I try to hold her sort of to the front or heaven forbid on my right hip, she uses those little arms and hands to forcefully turn her body across mine to get on my left hip. Oh, I also MUST be standing up while holding her. If not, she screams "up, up" all while basically pulling my shirt over my head until I stand up.

For the record, we are currently taking contributions to her (diva) wedding fund.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I can comment now!!! Oh my Stars I'm so happy to be able to see you all every day!!!

    Janie you know how much you and your family mean to me and how much I enjoy reading all the Will-isms. I'm thrilled to know that Will is teaching Avery the art of 'isms'!! My favorite Averyism is 'Whoa Baby Whoa'!!! I've even caught myself saying it a few times.

    It has been my honor to know you and Matt nearly 1/2 your lives. No you two aren't that old I just met you when you were young. I watched as your relationship grew while you were both at NCSU, GoPack!!! I could tell from day one you were a perfect match!!

    I know all the time and effort it took for you to set up the blog and I thank you for the effort. Let the good times roll!!
    Hugs to you 4 and Madi sends a gentle nose tap to Lindy and Stella,
    Cecilia aka Madi's Mom

    ReplyDelete