background

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Big Girls Don't Cry

Not when they move to such a pretty big girl bed!!

Even though I swore up and down I would not move Avery out of her crib until she was at least 16 years old, maybe even in college, we decided it was time to do it.  I found a great deal on a Stanley twin bed and trundle on Craigslist several months back. A Groupon later and we had a new mattress for her for a great deal.  Outfitting a new bed (in this case 2) is not a cheap endeavor so I had been picking up pieces like blankets and sheets, etc… here and there over the last several months.  I still have a few things to buy and once she actually has a need to use the trundle, we’ll have to rearrange her room, but for now, I love the way it looks!

She has done actually better than I thought she would with the transition. She is still pulling her bedtime shenanigans where it takes her a while to calm down and fall asleep. But she is sleeping great in there and looks so warm and snuggly in her bed. For some reason she doesn’t look nearly as small as Will looked in a twin bed when we moved him.

Her bedding is girly, but IMO, not baby girl looking.  I also decorated a little step stool for her.



I swear it is all the monogramming that has taught her how to spell her name at such a young age!!!! In fact, when I put her in bed the other night, she stood up, touched her monogram on the wall and said "The A is "Avery", the M is for "Modlin", and the E is for "Elizabeth."  Smart girl!!



Now while big girls don't cry in their new beds, mommies sure do when it hits them that there are no more cribs in their house.  Sniff, sniff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment