background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas at the Beach - 2011

I truly can't believe Christmas time is upon us. All the hustle and bustle and crowds and shopping lists and traffic, and money being spent......and it is about to come to a crashing halt. Every year I vow to not make next year so hectic so we can focus on the true reason for the season. I think I did do a better job this year but I am still feeling a little panic. I guess it is just natural.

Anyway, the weekend before Christmas we came to the coast for a few days to celebrate with my family. I know this has been hard month on everyone down here with my grandmother so sick but I was glad we were able to get into the Christmas spirit a little bit. We had reserved the activity room at my grandmother's facility for our celebration and it was just a lot of fun.  There was plenty of room to spread out, a piano for banging on, a big, albeit green, TV for football watching and even kitchen facilities for all our goodies.  Jane is doing a lot better than when I saw her at Thanksgiving, so that is a blessing. Hopefully she will be back home and enjoying her garden friends, the squirrels and the birds, soon.
Posing with GG Jane

Having a little dinner on their new tables from GG Jane

Will and Avery of course had a blast because there were presents and cake involved. Ha! Will received a NCSU football uniform from my parents that he has barely taken off. He also got a new race track and a few other fun things, including a remote controlled stunt car from my brother.










While Will was like a mad man tearing through his presents, Avery got distracted after a present or two and didn't open the rest of them for a long time! But boy when she did, she was in heaven! A hair styling kit, including a "working" hair dryer, flat iron and curling iron. She also got 2 dress up princess gowns, which she loves "ballet-ing" in.

We've done a lot of hair stylin' the past few days!!



We had a nice visit, did a little shopping and spent some time with GG Jane.  In fact, everyone was worn out!!  Merry Christmas...Part 1!!

No comments:

Post a Comment