background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

First Haircut - continued!

I can't believe I forgot to write about the funniest part about Avery's first haircut experience....I guess that is what I get trying to rush through a post.

For the couple of weeks leading up to her haircut, Avery had been saying she wanted to get her hair cut like Daddy's. We finally cajoled out of her that she wanted it like this because she was tired of her hair always being in her eyes.  I could insert a long-winded lecture here about how she wouldn't have broken pieces in her eyes if she would quit pulling her bows and ponytail holders out, but I'll spare you.

Anyway, as you saw, she was all smiles in the salon. But walking down the sidewalk afterwards she was very quiet and a little down. When I asked her what was wrong, she looked up at me with big, disappointed eyes and said "But my hair doesn't look like Daddy's."

Bless her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment