background

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Let's Go to Bethlehem

Our church, St. Michael's, just has the most wonderful children's program.  Will was able to participate in the pageant this year. He was a shepherd, and I'm not biased or anything, but he was the cutest shepherd in the world. Not only did he carry a staff, but he also got to tote a large sheep! He also didn't injure anyone with his staff!!!



Will, always the loud one, had a very distinguishable voice during all the singing. His Sunday School teacher had told us the week before that he was the only one who knew all the words to all the songs. Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

 Church was packed and hot and noisy with all the families. I was busy trying to say hello to everyone and keep Avery occupied and somewhat quiet...I didn't really get to take it all in while we were there. But now that I reflect back on the morning, I get very emotional thinking about Will, growing up, and taking part in a re-enactment of such a wonderful event.
My proud and sweet shepherd

After the pageant, Will joined us in the congregation for Communion. Of course Avery loved having her partner in crime to hang out with in the pews!

Speaking of Avery, how fancy are these sparkle shoes!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I nearly lost it when Will was walking down the aisle during Silent Night. You're not biased...he was the cutest shepherd. :) love you guys and so glad we could come and watch too! Can't wait to see Avery next year and what animal she chooses to be!

    ReplyDelete